Thursday, August 14, 2008

My strong little boy!

Yesterday my son Kaimen had a little heart surgery. Being a very premature baby there was a valve in his heart that was not closed all the way. They tried medicine the first week he was born, but when he got really sick a few weeks ago, it opened up again. They decided surgery would correct it best. I was very emotional yesterday. A lot of my family and Rich's family came to the hospital to be there for us during the surgery, so that helped. He is just so tiny and fragile, I hated the thought of him having this done. The doctors say it will help him to improve. The surgery went really well. Kaimen did awesome, and seems to be recovering well. He does have another lung infection, but is fighting that really well also. He is so strong, and as a mom I couldn't be more proud. Danica is on fire, she is improving quickly and is off of her medicines and growing really fast. We get to go tonight and put her in her very first preemie outfit!!! I'll put up pics next post.

No comments: