Saturday, August 30, 2008

Movin' on up!






So many things have happened in the last couple days and all of them good things. The Faiva family is doing well! I know it seems like the only thing I talk about on my blog is my kids, but they are what I think about, dream about, and who I'm with, so therefore what I talk about. Kaimen is doing really good, and he got to wear his very first big boy outfit today. HIs grandma and some other people bought him a bunch of preemie clothes and he already is too big for most of them so we have to take them back. But the ones we kept are adorable on him. He looks real good in blue. I called this morning to check on the twins and they told me that Danica has moved to intermediate care. This means she is doing better which is great, but sad for Kaimen that he got left behind. I loved being able to sit there with one of them and look and see that the other was okay. Kaimen will catch up soon though and be there before we know it. Danica has made some big steps the last 2 days. She is now in an open crib instead of an isolette. She tolerates the noises a lot better and is able to maintain her own body temp. The other huge step is that she drank from a bottle for the very first time. This is something totally normal for full term babies, but for preemies it's huge. They have to learn to suck, swallow, and breathe all at the same time. None of us were expecting her to do as well as she did, but she surprised us. She drank the whole thing and loved it. We'll start out slow and do 1 feeding with the bottle and the rest through the tube until she can show that she is ready for more. Being able to feed her was such a neat experience for me as a mom. When I get to do things like this it makes me so excited for them to come home. I may change my mind a little when those feedings are at 3 in the morning, but for now i can't wait. I have been busy getting organizing all the stuff in our 2nd bedroom, which will be there nursery. I'll be decorating it after my shower and I'm so excited to see how it turns out.

By the way my shower is this Thursday September 4th at 6:30 p.m. (dinner will be served) We've been trying to get invitations out, but if there is anyone I missed, I would love to see you there. Email me and I'll send you directions.

Thanks again to everyone for all you do, we couldn't do all of this without you!!!!

15 comments:

Positively Creative! said...

I am so glad they are doing so good...how exciting to get to feed them..Can't wait for your shower...S!

audrey said...

I am glad you found my blog. Looks like your little babies are doing well. Ashley keeps me updated, but now I can get my own update through your blog! :) That is crazy you met Kippy at the hospital. It IS a small world. XOXOX

SHERI said...

I am so glad they are doing so well. How cute are they!!!

Brittany and Scott said...

its great to see that your babies are doing well. they just look so beautiful!!

Tee and Josh said...

Hey Kristin,

I'm glad you found my blog too! I didn't know you had one. Celeste let me know when you had your twins. They are SO adorable. Congrats! Tell Rich and your fam I say hey and congrats too.

Everhart Family said...

K~
So sorry I've fallen off the earth! I think about you and the babies often. I can't wait to meet them, they are BEAUTIFUL! It has been very crazy around here and I look forward to catching up soon. I am working on a sitter for tomorrow night, I really want to come! Yancy started school & is gone all night:(
I love your blog! Good job.

Love you! ~Courtney

Anonymous said...

I bet your Mom is so happy to have her brown grandbabies now! I can't believe how soon you had them....27 weeks, that is early!! From the pics they look like they are doing really well so good job mommy of two.
My blog is adamandcarolynn.blogspot.com
I'm proud of you...I'm sure this has been quite the experience!! You are amazing!

Brown Sugar said...

your babies are beautiful, we cant wait to meet them.

roseanne said...

Hi there, I just wanted to say that I was so excited to see you have a blog. I hope you don't mind that I found you through other sisters in our ward. When I was told in the hospital that you had your babies the same day I did, my heart and prayers were with you even though I barely know you. I am so happy to see them doing well and I just want you to know that your testimony touched my heart today. You and your family are a strength to our ward.

Hiatt Family said...

I can't believe how much older Kaimen looks now! They are both so cute. I am excited that Danica is doing so well and got moved up. That must have been so awesome to see her make progress like that. I love reading your blog and hearing your feelings about your babies. You are such a good mom Kristin. I can tell that you will appreciate the little things so much because you have had to go without them, and I think that really helps people so much to see how much they have. I love you!!!

Heidi Ann said...

I love Kaimen's cheeks, I want to sink my lips into them! They are precious! I can't wait for you to be there only mommy instead of all those nurses. Now if we could only get them home!

Brittany and Scott said...

i am so excited for you guys that danica is home. i would LOVE to stop by and see her!!! let me know when you guys have settled in and things have died down for you.

~Tammy~ said...

OMG!! I can't believe how big your little babies are doing!! I for some reason thought I'd see if you had a blog...and found that you did...I hope you don't mind me checking out your site out every now and then...Drop by anytime mine anytime...It's just I don't get to see your little ones as much once they don't require much respiratory needs...always curious on how they look outside of the NICU!! :) I hope all is going well with Danika...Take Care!!
T

Maren said...

kristin, i sent you an invite on the 9th of this month but it is saying that you havent accepted it yet. did you get it? i sent it to the email you gave me.

i heard danika came home this week. how are things going? i hope everything is going great.

Maren said...

sorry, i misspelled DANICA!!!