Thursday, August 28, 2008






This has been a huge week for Kaimen. I'm so proud of him. On Thursday of last week they started him on steroids for his lungs. He had been on the ventilator for 6 weeks, which is a longer than the doctors usually like to see. He has been sick quite a few times which has slowed down his progress. On Sunday they finally were able to remove the ventilator tube and put him on a different machine, which is a big step up. He is doing really well, and I hope he continues that way. The doctor did tell us that sometimes after they go off the steroids which he did yesterday that they can back track a little, but we will think positive and hope things only get better from now on. Yesterday I got to see his face for the very first time. Since the minute he was born, he has always had something covering his face. He is so handsome, he looks just like his dad! And I was actually surprised by how much he looks like Danica. The nurses say he has an additude and doesn't like to be bothered. He is a huge fan of his binkie, and if it falls out of his mouth, he throws a fit. Believe me, I will make sure the house is stocked with them before he comes home. One of my favorite things about Kaimen is his eyes. When I was holding him and talking to him today he just stared right at me, like he really was listening to what I was saying. He really talks with his eyes. They tell me if he is feeling good or if he's mad, etc. This little guy is a stud! The doctor's and nurses always fight over whose boyfriend he is.

2 comments:

Positively Creative! said...

OMGosh! I just got serious chills reading through your blog, I just already love your sweet little family, and am so glad that things are doing SO great for you and Rich! By the way thanks for the Pest control..heehee,if you need anything please let me know!!!
Love you

Celeste Caldwell said...

What a little stud he is. You are such a cute mommy!! i love all the updates and pictures...keep 'em coming!!